Friday, March 15, 2013

Growing!

Today the boys and I left the "city" and made a trip out to the farm to see the chicks. 
They are growing like weeds!  We have not seen them in a week and I was amazed at how much they have grown.

The wing feathers are beginning to fill out, their feet are huge and overall they just look awkward to me.  I am a city girl longing to be a country girl so this is all new to me.  But I am learning and loving every minute of it.

 
They are eating like crazy too!

 
Look how big they are this week!

 
I stood looking at the chicks realizing we will be eating every last one (we hope and pray!).  And it is exactly how God planned it to be, but oh, those sweet little chicks.  I then turned to see my son holding a chick and saw his shirt and it all made sense to me.


 
NO FARM
NO FOOD


*T-shirt from Homestead Farms  in Keller, Texas*


No comments: